Blogging is a lot of work. It’s a simply fact I’m sure we all can moderately agree on. All the time put into formatting, scheduling, promoting, writing, reading can be a little exhausting. As such, it’s not completely unreasonable for us here at Cuddlebuggery to ask authors who wish us to review their book to give a little something in return. Sure, you might be feel that your time is better spent, I don’t know, writing, but it’s literally the least you can do. If you are an author and had no idea these Author Commandments existed, then rest assured all will be forgiven if you complete these steps within 48 hours. Real life be damned.
1. Buy me chocolate.
2. Jump up and down while patting your stomach and rubbing your head. Or is it patting your head and rubbing your stomach? Oh well, AMUSE ME.
3. Fart the alphabet.
4. Now do it backwards.
5. Wash my car. You missed a spot.
6. Drive me to the toy store. No, the other toy store.
7. Call me Darth Vader.
8. Dance off! You just got served.
9. Read me bedtime stories. With voices.
10. Travel to the ends of the earth and bring back The One Ring to rule them all. My precioussssss.
What’s that you say? You have a deadline to meet for that manuscript you’ve been working on and have no time or inclination to fulfill my ridiculous, frivolous and self-indulgent requests?! Well then I don’t want to review your book! I hope you step on a lego! So there! Neener, neener!
Carry on, everyone.
Latest posts by Steph Sinclair (see all)
- Review: Half Bad by Sally Green + Giveaway - March 6, 2014
- Blog Tour: Q&A with Victoria Scott, Author of Fire & Flood - March 3, 2014
- Hot New Titles: March 2, 2014 - March 3, 2014
- Cuddlebuggery Survey - February 28, 2014