Everyone goes through it at one stage or another. That maudlin feeling. Something isn’t quite right with the world and that something is your relationship with books. You can’t seem to find a good book you want to read. Nothing excites you and then… then you start to wonder. Could you be going through a reading slump? Is that it? Here’s 10 ways to tell if you’re in a reading slump.
1. You reread the same old favourites over and over again.
2. You just can’t get into new books.
3. ARCs check in, they don’t check out.
4. You keep looking for a book but you never seem to find it.
5. Your cat is worried about you.
6. You aimlessly waste your time when you could be reading.
7. You constantly look at your growing stack of books and just can’t commit to anything.
8. Everyone is excited about new releases and you’re like, “Meh.”
9. You didn’t even set a reading challenge for yourself.
10. Your soul is withering and dying from lack of books.