We first became aware of Jay Kristoff when he emailed me to introduce himself. “Who’s this bum!?” I said. But he was kind of hilarious and adorkable so I replied and the start of a beautiful, beautiful friendship was born. And by friendship, I mean I am really, really mean to the poor guy and he gave me a horrific nickname in response.
Memories! Oh, the memories! Like that time he sent Steph an ARC of his debut novel, Stormdancer, and I totally pretended that Steph wasn’t liking it. I even sent consoling texts saying, “You know, Steph just isn’t that into high fantasy…” I still laugh when thinking about that, although normal people have assured me I’m a monster and that what I did was completely evil.
Fortuitously, Stormdancer is one of our favourite novels, and despite the fact that I am a hellbeast of unthinkable horror, Jay is pretty cool about it. Thus, after locking him in a basement, torturing him for weeks on end and breaking both his mind and spirit, he agreed to help ring in our blogoversary! Please excuse any typos or errors. We haven’t fed him in days and he’s pretty delirious. Here it is:
Here’s my contribution to the Cuddlebuggery blogoversary thing. I know I was supposed to write something, but sometimes I just feel the need to make pretty pictures. Complaints could be directed to my solicitor if I had one, but since I don’t, maybe you could resort to some kind of ancient voodoo curse or just hoping the universe hits me with a bus.
Anyway, you know what they say about pictures being worth a thousand something something…
So amidst the torrent of regular abuse, Kat has been giving me regular heapings of shit about my inability/refusal to embrace the joygasmic bliss that is MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC. So, in honor of your blogoversary, and in the spirit of proving I’m open to new things, no matter that the intended target market appears to be 12 year old girls and I’m probably as far from that as one can possibly be while still being human, I give thee:
The mighty Buruu, rendered in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic style.
Happy blogoversary, you crazy kids.
- To enter, please fill out the Raffelcopter form below.
- We ask that all entrants be at least 13 years or older to enter.
- The giveaway is international and open to anyone as long as The Book Depository delivers to your address!
- When the winners are chosen, it will be announced here and the winners will be emailed. Please check your email because we are only giving the winner 48 hours to respond. Otherwise another winner will have to be selected.
- Please enter your email address in the Rafflecopter form and not the comments.
- Also, please understand that we reserve the right to disqualify any entries we find gaming the system. Cheaters never prosper.
Latest posts by Kat Kennedy (see all)
- Buzz Worthy News: 20th May 2013 - May 20, 2013
- Review: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - May 17, 2013
- Cover Reveal + Giveaway: Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff - May 15, 2013
- Buzz Worthy News: 13th May 2013 - May 13, 2013