If there is one book that has a lot of us excited, it’s the sequel to The 5th Wave: The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey. I mean, Kat’s still holding her review of The 5th Wave hostage in exchange for the sequel. Sadly, we’ve been told he refuses to corporate.
It is my firm policy not to negotiate with terrorists @Cuddlebuggery http://t.co/YDFoqCVHRb
— Rick Yancey (@RickYancey) May 17, 2013
Mr. Yancey, kiss your review goodbye.
I’m honestly afraid to read the sequel. Remember the time I had to hug Cassie’s teddy close to get me past ALL THE DEATH? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, YANCEY? GOD? YODA? THE DOCTOR?
(Some poor character just died, no doubt.)
@Cuddlebuggery It's like the Bible that way.
— Rick Yancey (@RickYancey) June 21, 2013
One lucky Cuddlebuggery reader will win a signed hardcover copy of THE INFINITE SEA by Rick Yancey courtesy of PenguinTeen! YAY! Alls ya gotta do to enter is answer the following question:
What 5 items would you like to have in the event of an apocalypse?
Steph: Hmm… a lightsaber, lightsaber dagger, double-edged lightsaber, cupcakes (WHAT? PRIORITIES.) and butter knife lightsaber because… toast. duh.
Meg: This is an impossible question because honestly, how can I narrow it down to ONLY 5 ITEMS. Because I’m crap at narrowing things down and to hell with the rules anyway, I’m going to go with 5 categories instead. I mean really, it’s only wise because in an apocalypse scenario, preparedness is key.
1. Weapons (think long range, short range and some sort of handy knife, possible several because they don’t need ammo)(what? I’m assuming there are zombies)
2. Survival (iodine kit, rope, something to start a fire with, containers for water)
3. Apparel (EXTRA SOCKS, when fighting for your life against the zombie horde, the last thing you want to worry about is swamp foot)
4. Food (duh. non-perishables and dehydrated goods, as many as I can carry)
5. Books (again, duh. Perhaps not a practical choice but obviously I will not face the end of the world without something to read)
You know what, survival is a game and it’s all about how you play it folks. Some people will want to bring a gun or some kind of weapon to defend themselves. Some people focus on food and how to hide. I prefer to bring more practical survival tools.
1. Arnold Schwarzenegger – Seriously, this man has taken on predators, conquering armies, cultists, foreign drugs cartels, death robots and kindergarteners. Is there anything he can’t do? What weapon could I possibly yield that would bring me more surety of success?
In the event that the world needs to be repopulated, he’s also the guy to do it.
2. Jackie Chan – Is there anything this man can’t turn into a weapon? Plus he’ll be a barrel of laughs and seems like a total sweetheart. Plus: Dancing!
3. Bear Grylls – Now that I have protection from anything locked into place, I need someone who can provide food and water on a regular basis. Did you hear that, Bear? WATER! Find me water.
4. Aerosmith – I’ll need an awesome theme song to get me through the tough times. These guys are just the peeps to do it.
5. My copy of the Infinite Sea – obvs, guys. Obvs.
Extra Shiz for You Impatient Folk:
Tease yourself with an excerpt of The Infinite Sea.
Check out The 5th Wave trailer.
- To enter, please fill out the Raffelcopter form below.
- We ask that all entrants be at least 13 years or older to enter.
- The giveaway is open US Only.
- When the winners are chosen, it will be announced here and the winners will be emailed.
- Please enter your email address in the Rafflecopter form and not the comments.
- Also, please understand that giveaway sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries they find gaming the system. Cheaters never prosper.
Morgyn Star (@MorgynStar)
Having way too much fun, LOL.
thank you 🙂
1. Gun or some kind of weapon
5. Hand sanitizer
Awesome giveaway. Thanks for the opportunity!
1. Pre-made survival kit (knife, rope, iodine, blah blah)
2. Extra socks and underwear.
3. First aid kit.
4. Books! Even a few I don’t like that I can use if I HAVE to for kindling.
5. Some kind of weapon
Erin BookNut recently posted…Adult Review: The Jane Austen Handbook by Margaret C. Sullivan
Lisa (Fic Talk)
Kat just PWNED the apocalypse. *mic drop*
Lisa (Fic Talk) recently posted…Comment on Spotlight: Highland Burn by Victoria Zak by April Renn
She really did. I’m adding a 6th category: Kat & Co
This is so hard!
1. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, to read and to hit people with.
2. Food and water
3. A tent
4. A survival kit?
5. A weapon of some sort that I can actually operate without harming myself.
Kaylie recently posted…Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don’t Own Yet
I’ve given this list quite a bit of thought so it’s really boring. Nonetheless I might survive for five more minutes than the next guy. Big deal.
Anyway, I’m bringing:
Water purification tablets
Flint and steel to start a fire
A small gun with ammo
The Boy Scout Handbook
and No, you can’t have any of it.
The items I would want in the event of an apocalypse is…
1. Water purifying kit
2. A lighter
3. A knife
5. A stocked first aid kit w/ antibiotics
AND… MY FAMILY, THAT IS A MUST!!!
This is an AWESOME Giveaway!! I can’t WAIT to read The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey!
Vannah Batista recently posted…The Jewel by Amy Ewing Blog Tour: Review + Giveaway
1. One of those survival guides
2. Stock pile of antibiotics and antidepressants
3. Something sharp that can be used as a weapon and/or cutting utinsil
5. Book about edible plants
If there was a book about how to raise your child in a post-apocalypse world, I might want that too.
Kara @ Great Imaginations
1. A long-ranged weapon like a bow with arrows.
2. A dagger for when something gets to close.
3. Traps to catch my food.
4. A way to purify water.
5. A change of clothing.
I’m going all practical here. I could raid a Barnes and Noble and loot my books later on. 😛 Yes, you want me on your team.
Kara @ Great Imaginations recently posted…Imaginative Discussions: I Like Writing Negative Reviews
1. A flashlight with batteries included
2. A gun
4. A sharp knife
5. That thing, whatever it’s called, that Katniss was sent that allowed you to get water from trees
I’m so prepared. ;D
Kelly L. recently posted…ARC Book Review: A Little Something Different – Sandy Hall
I would take:
1. Kindle (this includes cable/wireless charger) ^-^
2. Bow and Arrows
3. Waterpack (like a cambelback)
5. Flint and Steel
Alice Kassidy recently posted…Caught By A Stormy Night #1
1. FOOD. girl’s gotta eat, and cannibalism is not an option.
2. Weaponry (gun, knife, etc)
3. My spouse! He would be added protection
4. Medicine! A first aid kit would be nice.
5. A pillow and blanket! I can sleep anywhere with those 2 things.
1. Water purification kit
2. First aid kit/medicine
3. A small stockpile of food
4. Gun and ammo or a knife or my ridiculous Master Sword replica…or all three.
5. Fire starting kit?
I would probably die in the first few minutes of an encounter anyway, but then someone else will have some practical stuff at least. Most survivors are just scared, right?
Jancee recently posted…Review – Manor Of Secrets
I would need water, food, first aid kit, books, and flashlight. I’d also include a weapon but I don’t handle emergencies well and will, most likely, hurt myself by accident somehow. 🙂
1. One of those water filter straws
2. Loaded gun
3. survival handbook
4. first aid kit
5. lighter (to set the rest of the world on fire. or cook food)
Tabitha (Not Yet Read)
1. A water canister that automatically purifies water (they gotta have these in the future right? – takes care of the water issues)
2. flint/steel – you know those nifty ones in chemistry class – those strikers – since this counts as one item – just give me one of those. (gotta keep warm and cook them viddles)
3. Hot damn I’m out of ideas I might die! WAIT! – an all purpose/all weather body suit that can turn into a tent, boat, sail, trap, etc (takes care of food and shelter yo)
4. A solar powered silent hoverboard – because why walk when you can fly?
5. lasty my own personal Dobby house elf that I can send off to fetch whatever else I might need in a pinch. (Has all my entertainment needs covered – didn’t I say to bring back Johnny Depp? – what is this Justin Bieber??? throw him on the fire right now)
Tabitha (Not Yet Read) recently posted…Review: Prodigal Son by Debra Mullins
1. My weapon: Tai bamboo sticks or staff.
2. My container: Indestructible water bottle.
3. My to go food: Protein bars galore!
4. My clothes: super tough hiking boots, comfy jeans, awesome tank made of acetate fabric (dries very quickly) and the reliable v-neck tee!
5. My book: a handy how to survive in the wilderness for dummies!!!
1. Survival book that goes over various situations
2. Medicinal book, so I don’t die from something that can be easily fixed.
3. Knife. Like, a really badass knife.
4. Food, water
5. Long-lasting clothes / shoes that keep me warm / cool and are easy to run in.
Even with all of that, I think I’d still be screwed. I don’t think I’d do well in an apocalypse…
Thanks for the giveaway!
Lea Johnson recently posted…Grad School, Earthquakes, & A Short Blogging Break
Shae/Shelver @ Shae Has Left The Room
Oooh, I love this question. Um um ummm…
1. One of those water bottles with the built-in filters. A big one.
2. A pack of lighters. Not matches. Lighters. A whole pack. A big one.
3. A really sturdy stick. Preferably one with a metal tips and spikes. Big ones.
4. One outfit of my choice, which will include: hiking boots with steel-tipped toes, a warm coat and pants made out of that liquid-proof material with lots of pockets, a shirt with long sleeves that can roll up and button, a ballcap.
5. An up-to–date marked with every possible landmark and foodstuff place in my area that I could raid. (Because as much as I’d love to keep my phone and GPS, satellites will be down. So.)
Shae/Shelver @ Shae Has Left The Room recently posted…How I Choose A Book – Then and Now
Thanks for the giveaway! 🙂
4. Friend #1 (to use as food.)
5. Friend #2 (bait.)
Hmm, I would like the TARDIS please, with 10th Doctor inside. Then we would do quick “let’s stop the end of the world” mission ^^. (If that’s impossible, I still would like the TARDIS to ensure my loved ones safety.)
Anna Flasza-Szydlik recently posted…Przegląd końca świata- nawet jeśli nie lubisz zombie, powinieneś to przeczytać.
This is like what to bring if you were stranded on an island!! Ahhh. Ok, let’s see. Is this 5 things I can carry on my person at all times or just these things in general? Hopefully in general, but who am I kidding, it’s gotta be portable.
1. First Aid Kit – one of those seriously industrial ones
2. Water Purifying kit (if they exist – I know they had them in The Testing by Charbonneau)
3. Clothing/Outfit/boots – tough, lasts a long time, not easy to destroy
4. Freeze dried fruits/meats (lasts a long time and also tastes really good – beef jerky, amiright?!)
5. Machete type weapon – no reloading necessary!
3. throwing stars
5. books 🙂
Jon @ Scott Reads It!
1. A weapon (something powerful)
2. A good book (one that I could reread)
3. Spare clothes
4. Canned food.
5. Katniss and Finnick
Jon @ Scott Reads It! recently posted…Movie Review: The Giver
4. Flint and steel
Guns, Food and Water, tent, clothes and my books 😛 Although Jon’s idea about recruiting Katniss and Finnick is not a bad one 😉
Patricia recently posted…FFBC: Welcome to the club, The Jewel (The Lone City #1) by Amy Ewing
I would need the following:
1. Toothbrush and paste–There is a direct correlation between the health of teeth and general health.
2. Water purification tablets
3.Chuck Norris–for protection and stimulating conversation
4. Library card–The end of the world just begs for reading time.
5. Diet Pepsi–without caffeine I will perish.
1. water bottle and some way to purify water
2. one of those knives with a bazillion different blades and tools
3. harry potter boxed set (it must be saved!!)
4. first aid kit
5. tom hiddleston (hey, you never know, we might need to rebuild the human race or something)
Ellie recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don’t Own Yet
1. Water bottle
2. cozy jacket
3. notebook & pencil
4. paper map
5. huge case of Snickers
Jill the OWL
1. Toilet paper – I heard it’s like gold in the apocalypse
2. Clean socks
3. Soap – I watch The Walking Dead and they really need soap
4. Pictures of people I love.
5. Something for lighting fires.
Jill the OWL recently posted…Back to School Reading Memories and a GIVEAWAY
Aeicha @ Word Spelunking
Hmm, JUST 5?! Let’s see…
1. Toilet paper- I’d like to protect my sweet ass for as long as possible
2. Sonic Screwdriver- because duh
3. Weapons and someone who actually knows how to use them- this totally counts as one thing or else I’m screwed
4. Something to write with and write on- to document my adventures and acts of heroics, of course
5. My Don’t-Fuck-With-My attitude- seriously, don’t!
1.) SteriPen (it’s a water purifier)
4.) Astronaut Food
5.) Toilet Paper
I know toilet paper doesn’t seem all that important but I’m gonna need it. Thanks for the giveaway. I loved The 5th Wave and excited for the sequel.
1: Some of those water purifying tablets.
2: Granola bars
3: A super sharp knife because no one’s touching my granola bars.
4: Tom Hiddleston
5: Condoms. Because that’s just rude bringing a baby into the apocalypse I don’t care how dreamy Tom Hiddleston is.
Ashley P. recently posted…What They’re Reading Now
I just read through the comments and someone else picked Tom Hiddleston. I’m glad I have that super sharp knife with me.
1. Joseph Gordon-Levitt because I don’t want to be lonely. I don’t even care if he has no skills other than snuggling.
2. A serious first aid kit. Including endless supplies of tampons(running out is my big fear for the apocalypse, crazy I know)
3. A flint to start fires.
4. A pot, to boil water and cook.
5. One of those mummy sleeping bags(that fits two, can’t forget JGL, of course).
Kait recently posted…[Release Event] On The Record
Jess @ Such A Novel Idea
Oooh I love this!
1. Water purification kit (with water!) and beef jerky/power bars/dried fruit
2. All-purpose, all-weather outfit that reflects the sun to keep warm or cool depending on the weather
3. flint and other tools needed to make a fire (and maybe a laminated guide to making a fire)
4. A pillow, towel, and sleeping bag
5. A kindle that is solar powered so I can read any of my books. And if an EMP goes off and kills all electronic devices (i.e. Jericho), and I can only take one book it would be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Also, I really hope I never have to test these things, because I don’t know that I’d survive long.
Jess @ Such A Novel Idea recently posted…Feuds by Avery Hastings — Blog Tour Review
sarabara081 @ Forever 17 Books
I would definitely need a tent to sleep in. And probably would like extra clothes, food and perhaps some tp. Books and music would be great too. Pretty boring answers but this is really all hypothetical anyways b/c honestly I’d probably be one of the first people to die and then wouldn’t need any of those things. lol
sarabara081 @ Forever 17 Books recently posted…Review: I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
1. Food and Agua
2. Hot Survival Expert… or two… even better, three 😉
4. Survival Kit
5. Feminine care products… preferably birth control, so I’ll only have a period, like, four times a year 😀
Kayla @ The Thousand Lives
People are things, yes? In that case:
1. The Avengers
2. Peeta Mellark
3. Celaena Sardothian
4. Stiles Stilinski
5. Dean Winchester
I’m pretty sure between all of them, I’d be 1) entertained, and 2) well protected.
If I’m being serious (which is oh so boring, and I know I’d die first in the event of an apocalypse anyway):
1. A tarp (for tent needs)
2. A very large knife
3. A fire-making kit thing
4. Water purification stuff
5. A pillow
The very basics, since like I said I’d die anyway. So I might as well be comfy when I starve to death!
Kayla @ The Thousand Lives recently posted…Saturated Reads: Anna and the French Kiss Series
Listen, I just gotta be honest, if there’s an apocalypse, I have absolutely no intention of surviving it. I’ve seen how it all plays out (The Walking Dead), and I don’t want any part of it. So what will I bring? My last meal.
#1 (and most important) French Fries, these I’ll eat first just in case I die before I get to #5.
#2 Pizza. Yes, I know most people would say steak or something, but I’m a simple girl, I just want a good slice of pepperoni.
#3 Diet Coke. Obvs
#4 Sprinkles Cinnamon & Sugar Cupcake w/ a shot of vanilla buttercream icing.
#5 Mashed Potatoes. Yes, I already have a potato on this list, but IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE!
Andye recently posted…ANATOMY OF A MISFIT by Andrea Portes
1. A dragon
2. My best friend
3. Lots and lots of fruit snacks. A girl has to eat.
4. A really cool, silver dagger. Preferably intricately decorated with jewels.
5. A cave to hide in (with no spiders whatsoever and lots of torches)
I am rocking at this “surviving apocalypses with style” thing! And if you disagree, my dragon will burn you to a crisp. In all seriousness, thanks for the hilarious post and giveaway 🙂 The 5th wave is so amazing and I love all your reactions to it.
1. A sword of some kind.
2. canteen to hold water
3. some seriously sturdy boots
4. a book to read (hey there will be some downtime between needing to survive)
5. someone to talk to because it will get lonely out there.
1. survival kit (the one with all the goods like parachord, flint, water proof matches and such)
2. a weapon. probably my bow cuz i have it here already
3. 2ndary weapon like a hatchet
4. flashlight (the one that doesnt use batts)
5. one of those water purifying tubey things
solar powered ereader fully loaded
good hiking boots
1) indestructible glasses
2) a survival kit (I’m cheating here 🙂 )
3) survival guide
4) camping clothes and shoes
5) my kindle!!! (also cheating that I can find electricity)
thanks for sharing!
How much do I love this post? Oh let me count the ways! haha. Great job!
And as for what I would take….Toothpaste. Water purifier. Non perishable food items. A weapon. A friend?
Valia recently posted…News: Falling by Design Audiobook is here!!!
1. Hermione Granger’s bottomless purse. Because it’s so much easier to carry around than several bags of weapons/supplies.
2. A compact yet deadly machine gun (does such a thing exist?). I’d like to be able to shoot down some zombies, but I’m barely over five feet tall and can’t lug around a huge weapon.
3. First aid kid. A no-brainer.
4. The Avengers. Yes, the whole team. You said five “items”, but you never specified what, exactly, constitutes an “item”, so as far as I’m concerned, the Avengers are fair game.
5. The TARDIS. For obvious reasons. Maybe this is cheating a little, but I’m just making this up as I go.
Annie recently posted…Novel #2 Status: Complete!
first aid kit, a way to purify water, weapon for hunting, warm clothing, and my husband 🙂
I just heard about The Fifth Wave and cannot wait to read it. And now I find out there is sequel coming out and am even more excited. I love reading!!
1. Books 2. a knife 3. gun 3. canned foods 4. foods. 5. backpack
Anna Weimer recently posted…The Magicians by Lev Grossman
1. Unlimited supply of clean underwear (there’s no time for laundry)
2. Unlimited supply of Coke Zero
3. Unlimited supply of Skyline Cincinnati Chili
4. A boyfriend
5. gun with unlimited bullets
Mimi Zane recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday #1
1.) Water Purification System
2) First Aid Kit
3) Swiss Army Knife
4.) Thermal Blanket
Rain Jeys recently posted…Ednah Walters Cover Reveal: Souls + Witches
1. filtration canteen
2. non-perishable food
3. first aid kit
5. weapon of some sort (depending on the type of apocalypse)
Five things I’d want to have in case if apocalypse:
1. A tough sidekick
2. First-aid supplies
3. A water purification system
Water, shelter, food, my Kindle & access to electricity.
1. A shovel. Because, hey you might need to dig a hole, and it’s also great for knocking zombies in the face.
2. My smartphone. Assuming there’s wi-fi and cell phone service in the apocalypse.
3. A fire-starting kit. Because fires can be used for: cooking, signal making, burning things/people, warming yourself, boiling water, etc.
4. A large pot. I feel like this would just make life easier in a lot of ways
5. A copy of War and Peace, because, hey, I’ve been planning to read it at some point…
A Cosco (it’s an item), a katana, a crossbow, water supply, and Daryl Dixon.
Sarah J. recently posted…If I Stay Movie Review
4)Warehouse of Food
The 5 things I would want are:
1- first aid kit
2 – tinned food
3- large Swiss army knife for opening tins and silent self protection
4 – a duvet, to keep me warm and snuggle in on bad days
5 – a family photo to remind me of who I am
(Have to practice, even in the apocalypse)
4. A library
5. My phone, to play songs
I wouldn’t last a week in an apocalypse, so might as well have some last minute fun!
1. A friend (To help defend and get food, or to slow the bad things down)
2. Weapons (Preferably guns and plenty of ammo, for defense and food)
3. Books (What plants to eat, how to build a shelter.)
4. A First Aid Kit (Just in case)
5. Flint and Steel or a lighter (to start a fire)
Molly Mortensen recently posted…Red Rising Netgalley
5. first aid kit
Crystal @ Crystal in Bookland
Well after reading the post I’m thinking my best bet is to bring:
1. The entire CuddleBuggery Team + their stuff (I mean, let’s be honest, I’m set now)
2. A Japenese Katana, like Michonne on The Walking Dead has, bc I mean she’s bad ass with that thing
4. Coveted Books
Crystal @ Crystal in Bookland recently posted…The Gateway Through Which They Came by Heather Marie (Blog Tour)
1. How to Survive the End of the World Guide
2. Water purifier bottle
5. A weapon for self-defense!
5 items I would like to have with me???
1. A swiss army knife. (Those suckers can do anything!)
2. A large knife. (This won’t run out of bullets like a gun, it can also be used for many reasons.)
3. A survival pack. ( This will have several much needed supplies.)
4. water purifier. ( Getting water can be a means of life and death, better make sure you can drink it, right!)
5. A companion. (Gotta have company. Need someone to make you keep your sanity, help gather food and supplies, think up ideas..and if all come down to it, Someone to trip as you run away. (kinda kidding about that last one, but you never know.) )
I know these are kinda repetitive compared to what other say, but seems like a good top 5 to me! I know more, but I’ll list them later 😉
US only? Toobad. :/ I really wanted to join :3
I would need:
weapons (depending on the situation it’d either be a machete or hand gun)
Thanks for hosting this giveaway 🙂
1. A water purifier
3. Medical supplies
4. A weapon? Probably some kind of knife.
I hope these are sensible choices? I’d like to think that after reading so many post-apocalyptic books I’d have gained some useful knowledge.
Maddie recently posted…Hiatus
I can’t wait to read this book!! 5 things I would want for the apocalypse would be those survivalist food kits, a water purifier, waterproof matches, a machete (for a weapon, and a tool), and a survival guide book.
I read the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, even though it is satirical, I feel like I learned some stuffs. LOL
Kaitlin Michelle recently posted…SEPTEMBER MOVIES
Water, book, blanket, matches, someone i love
first aid kit – phone with charger – food and water- suitcase- my passport . if there a 6th one it will be a ticket to space
2. Survival book
4. First aid kit
5. My leather jacket (hey, you gotta look good)
5 items I would bring:
1) A water spile
2) A knife
4) First Aid Kit
5) Layers of clothes
I’ve thought about this way to much over the years. I’d take:
1) A Machete – for defense, killing food, etc.
2) A lighter – for heat, and cooking, boiling water.
3) First aid kit – just incase.
4) My Kindle – because I need my books and its small, and portable in case I have to run or something.
5) Solar powered charger – because I’m sure it will come in handy and I’ll need it to keep my kindle powered if nothing else.
I’m not planning to make it much past round one so I want to be comfortable.
Food, wine, books, comfortable clothing and a generator w/fuel.
1. Water purifying kit/canteen
5. Stocked first aid kit w/ antibiotics