If there is one book that has a lot of us excited, it’s the sequel to The 5th Wave: The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey. I mean, Kat’s still holding her review of The 5th Wave hostage in exchange for the sequel. Sadly, we’ve been told he refuses to corporate.
— Rick Yancey (@RickYancey) May 17, 2013
Mr. Yancey, kiss your review goodbye.
I’m honestly afraid to read the sequel. Remember the time I had to hug Cassie’s teddy close to get me past ALL THE DEATH? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, YANCEY? GOD? YODA? THE DOCTOR?
(Some poor character just died, no doubt.)
@Cuddlebuggery It's like the Bible that way.
— Rick Yancey (@RickYancey) June 21, 2013
One lucky Cuddlebuggery reader will win a signed hardcover copy of THE INFINITE SEA by Rick Yancey courtesy of PenguinTeen! YAY! Alls ya gotta do to enter is answer the following question:
What 5 items would you like to have in the event of an apocalypse?
Steph: Hmm… a lightsaber, lightsaber dagger, double-edged lightsaber, cupcakes (WHAT? PRIORITIES.) and butter knife lightsaber because… toast. duh.
Meg: This is an impossible question because honestly, how can I narrow it down to ONLY 5 ITEMS. Because I’m crap at narrowing things down and to hell with the rules anyway, I’m going to go with 5 categories instead. I mean really, it’s only wise because in an apocalypse scenario, preparedness is key.
1. Weapons (think long range, short range and some sort of handy knife, possible several because they don’t need ammo)(what? I’m assuming there are zombies)
2. Survival (iodine kit, rope, something to start a fire with, containers for water)
3. Apparel (EXTRA SOCKS, when fighting for your life against the zombie horde, the last thing you want to worry about is swamp foot)
4. Food (duh. non-perishables and dehydrated goods, as many as I can carry)
5. Books (again, duh. Perhaps not a practical choice but obviously I will not face the end of the world without something to read)
You know what, survival is a game and it’s all about how you play it folks. Some people will want to bring a gun or some kind of weapon to defend themselves. Some people focus on food and how to hide. I prefer to bring more practical survival tools.
1. Arnold Schwarzenegger – Seriously, this man has taken on predators, conquering armies, cultists, foreign drugs cartels, death robots and kindergarteners. Is there anything he can’t do? What weapon could I possibly yield that would bring me more surety of success?
In the event that the world needs to be repopulated, he’s also the guy to do it.
2. Jackie Chan – Is there anything this man can’t turn into a weapon? Plus he’ll be a barrel of laughs and seems like a total sweetheart. Plus: Dancing!
3. Bear Grylls – Now that I have protection from anything locked into place, I need someone who can provide food and water on a regular basis. Did you hear that, Bear? WATER! Find me water.
4. Aerosmith – I’ll need an awesome theme song to get me through the tough times. These guys are just the peeps to do it.
5. My copy of the Infinite Sea – obvs, guys. Obvs.
Extra Shiz for You Impatient Folk:
Tease yourself with an excerpt of The Infinite Sea.
- To enter, please fill out the Raffelcopter form below.
- We ask that all entrants be at least 13 years or older to enter.
- The giveaway is open US Only.
- When the winners are chosen, it will be announced here and the winners will be emailed.
- Please enter your email address in the Rafflecopter form and not the comments.
- Also, please understand that giveaway sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries they find gaming the system. Cheaters never prosper.